U.S Passport Support Center
Passport Requirements and Information
U.S Passport Requirements
You are considered a first-time applicant if you answer "YES" to any of the following questions.
- Are you applying for U.S.passport for the first time?
- Was your previous U.S. passport issued over 15 years ago?
- Was your last U.S. passport issued before you were 16 and you are now 16?
All children under the age of 16 must follow instructions for a Child Passport, including any of the following.
- Child applying for a U.S. Passport for the first Time.
- Child whose previous U.S. PassPort has expired
- Child whose previous U.S. Passport has been lost or stolen.
- Child whose name has been changed through court order from the time U.S. Passport was issued.
For applicants ages 16 and over, follow this process if you are unable to submit the most recent passport that was issued to you because it has been lost or stolen, or if your most recent passport has been damaged. Follow this process even if your lost, stolen, or damaged passport has expired
You can apply for a U.S Passport renewal if your passport has expired less than 5 years ago and was issued when you were 16 or older.
U.S. Passport name changes require a certified copy of marraige certificate or a court order from the issuing authority and it must have the seal of that authority that issued the name change.
You must provide your U.S. Passport and a request letter stating why you need a 2nd passport.
If you travel Frequently, you may add additional pages to your valid U.S. Passport if you can meet the requirements.
- You have less than 2 to 4 blank pages remaing in your U.S. Passport book.
- Your U.S.Passport book is Valid.
- You can submit your passport book to add the additional pages.